Annals of Environmental Science has one aim in mind: to make high quality, peer-reviewed environmental research available to anyone, anywhere at no charge.All research has ultimate usefulness if
- The protocol is sound and its goals are sensible
- The work is conducted, recorded and described with conscience and care
- The results are clearly and unambiguously presented, enumerated and analyzed
- The work is built upon previous investigations of the same or a related topic
- The conclusions are justified by the new results and existing knowledge, and
- The work may promote further investigations and generate new knowledge.
Publication of high quality research is facilitated by peer-review and editorial systems that certify to the extent possible that the above criteria have been met. The work can be shared with the world once this certification is in place, It will be indexed and abstracted, but who knows who will be able to access it, and who knows who may benefit in one way or another from the information it contains?
As Editors of Annals of Environmental Science, we make it possible for anyone in the world to publish their research at no charge, and for anyone in the world to have free access to peer-reviewed research on the environment, broadly defined. Contributions from anywhere in the world that address environmental issues on a local, regional, national or international level are welcomed for expeditious publication in Annals of Environmental Science after competent peer-review.
Accepted papers will be available in perpetuity on the Worldwide Web servers of Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. We can publish graphs, charts and photographs in color at no charge. Please consult the Topical Coverage description on this site, and don’t hesitate to contact us in advance at www.AES.northeastern.edu if your topic of interest or issue is not yet listed.
Welcome to the free-of-charge, peer-reviewed, open-access world of Annals of Environmental Science. We look forward to hearing from you.
Elham A. Ghabbour
Robert L. Wershaw